Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Short Update on Chet's Adventure!

So here is the first update. So I was sitting at work and my phone rang it had a strange number and said Columbia, SC. I was so excited that it was chet. He is doing well I was able to talk to him twice but only for 3 1/2 min the first time and 2 1/2 min the second time. It was quite a treat considering that I wasnt expecting a Phone call until Sunday. He said that it is going really good so far and that Reception isnt as bad as people make it sound. It was funny though he said that he could talk until someone comes in and starts yellin at him to get off the phone. And boy was he right I didnt hear it the first time but the second call he asked me to hold on. In the background i could all of a sudden hear flat out yelling from the Drill Sargents. He said Love you and then he hung up. So it sounds so far that everything is going really good and he is enjoying it. So that is good to hear. I know he will do so well and I cant wait for him to come home.

The Picture i know is kinda random I tried to get him to send me picutres of what was going on while he was on his way out there. This is a picture from right after he landed in Atanta, Georgia. after this he had about 20 min to get to the next flight that took him to Columbia, SC where he boarded a bus to Fort Jackson.


1 comments:

SarahC said...

Way to go Chet. He is awesome! I hope you are holding up! Good luck to both you & Chet over the next little while!