Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our First Christmas

So this year was so special since it was Chet and mines first Christmas together. It was such a fun and special day. Because Chet has been gone for Basic Training and AIT we waited to do our shopping when he was home we got it all done in two days and wrapped all our presents on Christmas Eve. I can tell you that will never be the case again. It was so much fun but it was kinda stressful.
But it still turned out to be one of the perfect Christmas's!
Here is our Tree Christmas Morning.
Chet and I This pic was from New Years Day but we needed a picture with our Tree!
This ornament is a tradition. My moms Grandparents started a tradition that as each one of their kids got married they would give each of them a Santa Ornament for their Tree on their First Christmas. Well Then My Grandma and Grandpa did the same with my Mom and Dad and Aunts and Uncles, and My Mom and Dad have done the same with me and my brother. I love this tradition I will continue it on.

Here is the ornament that Chets Mom gave to us for our First Chrismas it has our wedding date on it.
This Igloo was always my favorite Ornament that we put on my parents tree i always have had to put a light in it to make it glow a color. My mom decided to let me have it for my tree. I still LOVE this ornament to this day.
These Icicles are very special to me. My Grandma Larsen Made each of the Grandkids a bunch of these and They are so Beautiful. What I love about them is that My Grandma had Macular Degeneration and couldnt see and she still made them Beautiful as can Be. I love her so much and I miss her everyday.

Here is another Picture of our Tree Christmas Morning Here is our events for Christmas Morning. Well When we woke up Chet let me open up two presents of his choice and they were some hand blown crystal Hummingbird things i will have to post pictures of them later They are amazing Chet had them made for me while he was at the PX one weekend. He watched the guy make them he said it was awesome.
So After we opened those two we got ready and Headed to Ephraim to watch our cute little Nephews Open their Presents from Santa.
When the boys woke up they had to go outside to see if the Reindeer had drank the water and ate the lettuce and Carrots they left for them and of couse they did Here is Tal checking it out.
Talon and Coby. Coby Loves the little Cuties and he was sharing them with Talon. Tal was so cute Christmas morning when he got to see his presents he was all Squealing like crazy sayin LOOK LOOK SANTA BROUGHT US HUNDREDS OF PRESENTS. He is so stinkin cute.

Kaleb had matching pajamas as the other two but they didnt stay on long he has to have his shorts. But here is Talon and Kaleb with their new DIEGO table and Chairs.

The boys and Josh and Mollie opening their presents, They got tons of toys, Talon got a gun and Swords, Kaleb got a really cool Buz Lightyear, and Coby got Balls and they all got many more toys. Coby was going from person to person as they were opeining their stockings and he was stealing their candy.

Here is Grandpa Playing Swords with Talon so stinkin cute.

Then it was Uncle Chet and Kalebs turn. I think they were having a little bit of fun judging by the smiles on their faces. It also looks like Kaleb has the advantage here since he has both swords and Chet has just the Sheilds.

Chet and I watching presents be opened. Oh how I love him and I was so greatful that he was able to come home for two weeks for Christmas.

Mollie, Mom and Coby

Mollie and Coby

Mom and Dad
After that we had Breakfast and then we headed back to Nephi to Chets Mom and Dads house where we opened presents there and it was an off year because Zack wasnt able to be here. So everyone just kinda trickled through. Then we headed back to my Mom and Dads house for lunch and to open presents there. It was so much fun I wish I would have taken pictures. We then went down and visited my Grandma Rasmussen gave her her presents. Then we headed back to our house to finally open our presents from eachother. After that we headed down to Chets Mom and Dads house for dinner with the whole family and some games. The Game of the night was BANG and if you havent played it you should try its pretty fun. I am so glad that we have such a fun family. We got all sorts of cool presents from everyone our big ones were I got a nice Mixer from my mom for my kitchen and a 2 gallon Shop Vac and a small Video Camera, Chet Got A very Nice Drill Set and Bits and A Shop Light and tons of other stuff, from Chets mom and dad they gave us a Wii, i was way excited.
Chet and I gave eachother tons of fun stuff. The biggest present was flying him home for Christmas. It was the Best Present of all if you ask me.

Here is Chet Testin out the Wii we played a lot on it before he left we got a bunch of games too. Chet gave me Wii Fit, Super Mario Brothers and a couple more they are so much fun.
I say that this was a very Special and Wonderful Christmas.

0 comments: