Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lamb Day, Stampede and Talons Birthday!!

July 15th& 16th was Lamb Day, July 14, 15 &16 was The stampede and July 15th was Talons Birthday. and I was hoping that the baby wouldn’t make her debut until like a week before or after Lamb Day and the stampede. But Chet wanted her to come on Lamb day and Talon wanted her to come on his Birthday. But she didn’t want to have her mom miss out on all the festivities. I was able to make it to everything.

Thursday the 14th I went with a friend Ashley Olsen and her daughter Kallie to the Horse parade. You should have seen us we are both Pregnant (She is due about 3 weeks after me) sitting on the curb of the road. Yeah we werent getting up for hardly anything and they kept throwing candy at us. Kallie did get a few pieces so that is good. Friday the 15th Chet and I went down to Main Street and watched the Mammoth Parade. It was really hot but was a really good parade. And we went down to the Fairgrounds to get us a corn dog. On the way home we got pulled over and got a fix it ticket for our headlight being out. Still the carny corn dog tasted pretty good.

Saturday the 16th we headed over to Fountain Green for Lamb Day which I think was a lot of fun. We didn’t make it for Breakfast but that is ok.  The Parade for Both Lamb day and the stampede Did NOT dissapoint.

001

Color guard. It’s a lot of fun at the parade because the announcer is at my grandma’s house. It was crazy everyone kept asking how I was feeling and telling me they felt bad for me because I was 3 days over due but honestly I felt really good.

002

Lamb Day Royalty: Cali Anderson Queen, Chelsey Peckham 1st Attendant and Vitty Hiltbrunn 2nd attendant.

003

Sheep show winners

004

These gals were apart of the play that they had earlier that week. They are a great singing group.

005

Stampede Royalty

Queen Hailee Garrett, 1st Attendant Paris Knickerbocker

006007

Sanpete County Sweethearts. The girl in plain view is my cousins daughter Kelcee She looked awesome so proud of her.

008

And wrapping up the parade was Jim Ivory’s Tractor Collection. I love seeing all of his John Deer Tractors especially oley! And on the end was Brandon Ivorys Son wrapping it all up on his petal tractor.  After the parade we have a lunch at my grandmas and it always has HOMEMADE ROOT BEER!

009

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY to this cutie Talon. We didn’t get over for the party but still brought him his present on Lamb day! I cant hardly believe he is 6 years old and going into 1st grade.

010011

We gave him a pretty cool waterslide I hope he enjoys it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAL WE LOVE YOU!

012

So my dad has always wanted one of the kids to look like him. Well my mom found this picture of my dad when he was a baby and might I say WOW Bode Bear sure looks a lot like his grandpa. I think he was a pretty cute baby!

013

After grandma’s we went to the park to eat a Lamb Sandwich visit with people, play games, and much much more. Chet and I went over through the craft fair and I found some cute headbands with flowers I thought I would get for the baby. Well I wanted to make sure they would fit on a baby’s head so I tried them on Bode. Looks like they fit.

014

UTE STAMPEDE

After the festivities at the park we headed home to cool off for a few before we went to the rodeo that night. It was a good rodeo. I felt bad though cause one of the Barrel Racers horses lost its footing and broke its back leg pretty bad. I felt so bad for it and her.

Chet didn’t go help with the opening ceremony this year because we didn’t know if he would even be able to make it down there since we didn’t know when the baby would come. But it was awesome this year.

015

A good Family friend Reid Jarrett rode out on his horse in ACU’s and led a horse that had a flag Draped over its back to honor all of the fallen soldiers it was so heart touching and I’m pretty sure made everyone get a lump in their throat or a tear in their eye. The National Guard does a great job every year.

A016017

Heading out of the arena

018

National Guards men getting ready to catch the flag. Most of them from Chet’s Unit

019

I LOVE THIS

020021

Its so wonderful to be a part of this great country.

After the rodeo Chet and I went with our friends Trevor and Ashley and their little girl Kallie out and walked around the carnival we got to see some good old friends we hadnt seen in a while and visit with them all. It was a great time. Plus we did get our Carnival Corn Dogs!! Ah they were so good.

I had so much fun at all the festivities next year I can’t wait for next year.

0 comments: