Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Gas Chamber

I got another letter today from chet and i will post some photos they are just guys from his company I got them from the Fort Jackson 1st Battalion 61st Infantry Regiments Facebook.

Well a major thing that Chets Platoon did this past week was the Gas chamber here is what he had to say about it.
"On monday after breakfast they put us on a bus and hauled us up to the Gas Chamber. It is something that you would never forget. They gave us all the Safety Briefs ad had us put on our masks and stand out side of the building. All of the Drill sargents went into the shed with full gas pro suits on and everything. Except for Drill Sargent Hamblen He was in his ACU's and a Pro Mask like us. Then they took 40 of us in 20 down each side. It is dark in there and as soon s you step in you can feel it burning your skin. They make you stand in there iwth your mask on for like 5 minutes and then they go around to each person and make them break their seal (which is lift up your mask) and state their Name, Rank, S.S.N. and what their favorite food is. Then they make you put your mask back on by then the mask is full of the gas and you have to sit there and clear the mask which is Breathing it in and blowing it out of the Exhaust port of the mask. Then you have to sand in there for another 5 minutes. THey take the first 10 guys on each side and rip their mask off and make them recite the Soldiers Creed then they let you out. I made it but it hurt my eyes. When we came out the camera guy was right there. We were the first group into the Chamber but i was in the second group of people to come out. They got me on camera spitting and there were tears rolling out of my eyes. I kept my eyes open the whole time that we were in there and I guess you are better off if you close them. So that when I got out of there my eyes wouldn't even open vvery much and they burned like Hell."




2 comments:

Kailee Joy said...

So crazy... I can't believe they go in the Gas Chamber, I don't think I could do it! In fact, I know I couldn't.
to answer your question,
I got the Tickle Monster book from my sister in law. She purchased it at the Emporium @ Thanksgiving Point.
Mars needs Moms was purchased for $5 at Smiths.

{McGinty's} said...

wow what an experience.