On July 10, 2010 We had our Larsen Family Reunion.

Lawrence and Alta Larsen Kids
Oldest to Youngest: Uncle David, Uncle Larry, AuntRuthann where the missing spot is(she is on a mission in Kentucky so they are showing her height) Uncle Wally(Pete) and My Mom Lynne.
This reunion is so much fun we do so many fun activities Each year one of my moms siblings takes a turn to be in charge and it goes from oldest to youngest. This year was Uncle Larrys Turn and since he lives in California his daughter Jenny found the place which was in Provo. We usually have it at the Fairview City Park but it was under construction. And i didnt have Chet with me this year since he was at his monthly Drill for the National Guard
Here are the festivities for the day.

Ever since the Allred Reunion we have had candy guessing contests and we had to have it included in our familys reunion since we are a Branch of the Allreds. I cant ever guess very well but i try. Everyone gets to look at the candy jars and try to count, guess, or do math problems to figure out how much candy is in the jars but it is still all out of pure luck. My Nephew Kalev won one of them this year I sure hope it was the one i helped him with.

Here is the M&M guessing list!

My Dad! He doesnt always like smiling for pictures...

But we got him to cheese it today!

My Sister In Law Mollie on the other hand she will smile :)

My cousins husband Joel Bascom with my mom in the background having a nice Chat.

Laura is on the phone hmmm maybe she is on the phone with her boyfriend Alan. At this reunion she is officially the only one of us grandkids that hasnt tied the knot yet. Hopefully soon she will. Then there is my cousins kid Josh playing with the prizes he won and Nora having a good time catching up with family.

Me and My Cousin Brett We both got married the year before there was us and Laura that were the only three not married for probably like 5 years. And him and I have always raced at stuff from when our moms would talk on the phone in the mornings when we were little have us race eachother to see who could get ready fastest (I swear I always won) to who could get married first he was engaged the longest but I still beat him with my short 6 week engagement :) I would recommend short engagements even though we dated for 5 years before.

My cousin Kim I dont know what she was takin pictures of but I thought I would catch her hard at work creating memories.

Karin and Mollie going over details in the Cousins Book. Im sure Karin would love to see this picture of her but shhhh im not telling its there.

Karin, Laura, and Mollie filling in all the new details that had changed in the past year for the Cousins Book!

Mom, Me and Kelcee
Making our guesses on the candy. Sadly i dont think any of us won!

Kims Youngest Austin Sportin the cool shades he got in the Fish Pond! The fish pond is a must every year the kids absolutly LOVE it!
Larsen Pictionary
Mom was the artist and Aunt Lorraine was a helper.
For the game this year everyone got into teams and they drew a phrase or something to do with Grandpa Larsens Farm or Stuff Grandma did or things from the Aunts and Uncles Childhood. Im not sure what this one was!

The Group trying to guess the circle thing!
Although I do have to say Moms team ended up winning!
THE BIGGEST TRADITION OF ALL!!

This is a Must! The biggest tradition of all Is a Water Fight at the end of the day. The parents im sure LOVE having kids coming home soaking wet but it feels so good on those HOT summer days. Here is Coby and one of the cousins playin in the Buckets of water.

Coby Checkin out what is going on!

Family picure time.
Karin is trying to keep the cousins book up to date she is doing a great job she went around and got pictures of all the individual families.

Mom and Dad when she did the picture I had to have one of mom and dad
LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Arent they just the cutest!

Dad visiting with Cousin Marty and Kelcee

AAAHHHH more water fight the kids had such a blast.

Talon was so funny he would just randomly started sticking his head in the water I think he enjoys getting soaked.

after he pulled his head out! Coby was refilling Talons dunking bucket!

So many cousins so much fun! Kaleb was trying to keep one of his prizes safe!

all the kids getting in on the water fun!

Andrea And Talon they were both pretty wet by the end of the day!

Mom was having so much fun watching all the kids throwing water everywhere!
I would say that the reunion this year was quite a sucess I cant wait until next years reunion!
0 comments:
Post a Comment